Run Rules and Regulations
RUN FOR HOPE 2020 – EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The RUN FOR HOPE 2020 is jointly organised by the National Cancer Centre Singapore, Four Seasons Hotel Singapore and Esprimo Pte. Ltd. (referred herein jointly as the “Organiser”). These terms and conditions apply to the Event and are found at www.runforhope.sg (the “Official Website”).
The Organiser may amend these terms and conditions in its sole discretion without notice to the participants. Participants should check the Official Website regularly for the latest updated terms and conditions and Event information.
(i) Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
(ii) Race entries are not transferable to other parties nor can a Participant change race category upon confirmation of registration.
1. By signing up for the Event, including but not limited to completion and submission of the online registration form, each participant in the RUN FOR HOPE 2020 (the “Participant”) acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions apply to its participation in the Event, and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions as amended from time to time. The Participant agrees that registration in the Event is personal to the Participant and are not transferable to any other person, nor will any other person be permitted to participate in the Participant’s place.
2. The Participant declares as a condition of entry into the Event that:
(i) the Participant has undertaken appropriate and sufficient training for the Event;
(ii) the Participant is not aware of any illness, injury, or physical disability that may cause or result in injury or death during or as a consequence of participating in the Event; and
(iii) the Participant shall keep himself/herself informed, and shall be responsible for assessing the dangers, hazards and other risks of taking part in the Event notwithstanding any actions or activities undertaken by the Organiser or its contractors in promoting, staging or marketing of the Event.
3. The Participant: (i) declares that he/she has provided true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (ii) agrees to maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete if there are any changes after registration.
4. The Participant declares that the decision to take part in the Event is entirely his/her own decision, and accepts all risks associated with participating in the Event, including but not limited to the loss of life and/or any injury, including but not limited to permanent injury.
5. The Organiser reserves the right to remove the Participant if the Organiser determines in its opinion that the Participant is physically incapable of continuing with the run to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to himself/herself. The Participant consents to receive emergency medical aid or preventative treatment as may be deemed necessary or advisable in the unfettered discretion of medical personnel attending or present at the Event in the event of an injury, accident or illness affecting or suffered by the Participant while participating in or at the Event.
6. The Participant acknowledges and agrees that the Organiser and/or its representatives may refuse entry to, remove the Participant, require the Participant to leave from the Event and vicinity and/or exclude the Participant from participating in the Event and related activities without giving any reason therefor. Without limiting the foregoing, the Organiser and/or its representatives’ may refuse entry to, remove and/or exclude the Participant, or require the Participant to leave the Event and vicinity if in the Organiser’s and/or its representatives’ opinion it is necessary or appropriate to do so (i) due to inappropriate, offensive, abusive, or other disruptive behavior by the Participant; (ii) to preserve property or prevent damage to property; (iii) to prevent injury to or for the safety of the Participant, or other Participants and visitors to the Event; (iv) for medical, health or safety reasons; and/or (v) to prevent or stop unauthorized or illegal activities (such as but not limited to ambush marketing or protesting).
7. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event, or to modify any part of the Event, including the date, course and/or location, at any time without prior personal notice to the Participant. In the event of such cancellation, postponement or modification,the Organiser (or its contractor for the Event) will post the details of cancellation, postponement or modification on the Official Website, and may inform the Participant prior to the date of the Event. If the Event is cancelled or postponed or modified, there shall be no refund of registration fees paid unless otherwise determined by the Organiser in its sole discretion, and the cancelled or postponed Event may not be rescheduled, and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
8. The Organiser reserves the right to set the fees for different categories of participation in the Event in its sole discretion.
9. Once the registration form has been duly processed and accepted, there will be no refund of registration fees for those Participants who do not take part in the Event, for whatever reason. The Organiser will only process and accept duly completed registration forms. It is the responsibility of the Participant to check that he/she has duly completed and submitted the registration form, and to check that such registration has been accepted by the Organiser. The Organiser will not be responsible for incomplete entry details or failure to process and accept the Participant’s registration form.
10. Each Participant certifies that he/she is 21 years of age or older at the time of registration for the Event. If a Participant is below 21 years of age, the Participant must seek the consent of his/her parent or guardian before registering and participating in the Event, and in such an instance, the parent or guardian of the Participant certifies that he/she has read this document and fully understands it and agrees to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant.
11. No exchange of tee shirt size is allowed.
12. Participant with promo code is required to enter the promo code during registration for validation.The promo code will be forfeited if it is not used within the validity period.
13. The Participant agrees to follow the designated route, observe traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by Event officials, Organiser’s security and other official personnel, and the police.
14. The Participant must wear their assigned number bib on his/her chest such that the assigned number bib can be seen at all times during the Event. Participants not wearing their assigned number bib will not be allowed to take part in the Event or those who remove their assigned number bib during the Event will be disqualified.
15. The Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the Event or any part thereof in the event of inclement weather. In the event that the inclement weather persist after the delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event without refund of registration fees.
16. The Event will have the following categories:
(i) 3.5km Non-Competitive;
(ii) 10km Non-Competitive
The Participant should refer to the Event information on the Official Website for further details on requirements for each of the race categories (if any).
17. The Organiser’s or its appointed referee’s decision in connection with Event matters is final and the Organiser need not provide any reasons therefor nor will it enter into any correspondence in relation to its decisions.
18. The Participant agrees that the Participant may be disqualified in the following circumstances:
(i) Starting the race before the assigned start for the race category for which he/she is registered. The assigned start time for the respective race categories can be found on the Official Website.
(ii) If the Participant has registered to take part in the 3.5km or 10km category but fails to start within 30 minutes of the assigned start time from the respective flag off points. In such an instance, for safety reasons, the Participant will not be allowed to start.
19. No animals, or any form of wheel-run objects of transport (such as but not limited to inline skates, prams, push cars, shoes with built-in or attached rollers, hand cycles, electronic scooters, geared vehicles, bicycles, or skateboards), balls or other accessories that may cause injury, are allowed on the designated course during the race except official race and medical vehicles.
20. Baggage deposit services may be provided on the day of the Event. However, the Participant shall not deposit any items of value (including but not limited to cash, jewelry, mobile phones, wallets, laptops, etc) and agrees that the Organiser shall not be responsible and shall have no liability for any loss or damage to the Participant’s belongings and items deposited. The Organiser reserves the right to check any item or baggage deposited.
21. No drones or any other type of flying object will be permitted at the Event without the prior written consent of the Organiser.
22. The Organiser reserves the right to inspect any bag, electronics, attachments or accessory of the Participant at any time during the Event, including at the starting or finish lines.
23. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Organiser, its sponsors, its appointed officials, its contractors and agents shall not be liable for any claim that may arise out of the Participant’s death or injury, and/or any loss or damage of any description that may be suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Event. In no event will the Organiser, its sponsors, its appointed officials, its contractors and agents be liable for any indirect, consequential, special or incidental loss, damage, expense or liability regardless of the form of action, whether in contract or tort (including negligence), arising from or in connection with the Participant’s participation in the Event.
24. These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Singapore laws.
25. By registering and participating in the Event, the Participant acknowledges the privacy statements below and consents to the collection, use, disclosures and/or processing of the Participant’s personal information as set out below.
(i) The Organiser and/or third-party contractors on behalf of the Organiser will collect, use, disclose and/or process the Participant’s personal data or personal information (including information provided in the registration form) provided by the Participant, or from other sources. Such personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by the Organiser and/or its third-party contractors for the purposes of processing and managing the Participant’s registration in the Event, generally for the administration, promotion and marketing of the Event.
(ii) The Organiser may disclose the Participant’s personal information to any third-parties involved in the Event, and to its suppliers and service providers, and agents, sited in or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above Purposes. In connection with the foregoing, the Participant’s personal information may be transferred out of Singapore to such third-parties.
(iii) The Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by postal mail, electronic transmission to the Participant’s email address, and/or by phone call, text messages (sms and mms) and/or by fax.
27. The Participant consents to the Organiser’s use and publication for the Purposes, without compensation or other payment to the Participant, of any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other records of the Event that may contain the Participant’s image, voice, or statement, and to the use and publication of the Participant’s name, race result, age in any form of media (including but not limited to the Official Website, the Organiser’s website, newspapers, and news media websites).
28. If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration, participation in the Event, and/or refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
29. If you have any enquiries regarding the terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.