Run Rules and Regulations
The RUN FOR HOPE 2020 (the “Event”) is jointly organised by the National Cancer Centre Singapore, Four Seasons Hotel Singapore and Esprimo Pte. Ltd. (referred herein jointly as the “Organiser”). These terms and conditions apply to the Event and are found at www.runforhope.sg (the “Official Website”). The Event has been converted into a virtual run that will take place from 4 November 2020 to 31 December 2020.
The Organiser may amend these terms and conditions at its sole discretion without notice to the participants. Participants should check the Official Website regularly for the latest updated terms and conditions, as well as Event information.
Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and taking part in the Event
- By signing up for the Event, including but not limited to completion and submission of the online registration form, each participant in the RUN FOR HOPE 2020 (the “Participant”) acknowledges and agrees that these terms and conditions apply to its participation in the Event, and agrees to abide by these terms and conditions as amended from time to time. The Participant agrees that registration in the Event is personal to the Participant and are not transferable to any other person, nor will any other person be permitted to participate in the Participant’s place.
- The Participant declares as a condition of entry into the Event that:
(i) the Participant has undertaken appropriate and sufficient training for the Event;
(ii) the Participant is not aware of any illness, injury, or physical disability that may cause or result in injury or death during or as a consequence of participating in the Event; and
(iii) the Participant shall keep himself/herself informed, and shall be responsible for assessing the dangers, hazards and other risks of taking part in the Event notwithstanding any actions or activities undertaken by the Organiser or its contractors in promoting, staging or marketing of the Event.
- The Participant: (i) declares that he/she has provided true, accurate, current and complete information about himself/herself in the registration form (the “Registration Data”); and (ii) agrees to maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current and complete if there are any changes after registration.
- The Participant declares that the decision to take part in the Event is entirely his/her own decision, and accepts all risks associated with participating in the Event, including but not limited to the loss of life and/or any injury, including but not limited to permanent injury.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Event, or to modify any part of the Event, including the date, course and/or location, at any time without prior personal notice to the Participant. In the event of such cancellation, postponement or modification, the Organiser (or its contractor for the Event) will post the details of cancellation, postponement or modification on the Official Website, and may inform the Participant prior to the date of the Event. If the Event is cancelled or postponed or modified, there shall be no refund of registration fees unless otherwise determined by the Organiser in its sole discretion, and the cancelled or postponed Event may not be rescheduled, and the Organiser shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused.
- The Organiser reserves the right to set the fees for different categories of participation in the Event in its sole discretion.
- Once the registration form has been duly processed and accepted, there will be no refund of registration fees for Participants who do not wish to take part in the Event, for whatsoever reason. The Organiser will only process and accept duly completed registration forms. It is the responsibility of the Participant to check that he/she has duly completed and submitted the registration form, and to check that such registration has been accepted by the Organiser. The Organiser will not be responsible for incomplete entry details or failure to process and accept the Participant’s registration form.
- Each Participant certifies that he/she is 21 years of age or older at the time of registration for the Event. If a Participant is below 21 years of age, the Participant must seek the consent of his/her parent or guardian before registering and participating in the Event, and in such an instance, the parent or guardian of the Participant certifies that he/she has read this document and fully understands it and agrees to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the Participant.
- Participant with promo code is required to enter the promo code during registration for validation. The promo code will be forfeited if it is not used within the validity period.
- D3 Solutions Pte Ltd and/or Esprimo Pte Ltd is an official payment vendor who collects the
registration fees on behalf of Run for Hope 2020 Virtual Run’s organiser.
SUBMISSION OF RESULTS
Please ensure that the required details are indicated in your results submission.
- Screenshot from tracking app must display date, duration, and distance of your run
- Full Name as per registration
- Registration ID (Found in your confirmation slip e.g. NVDGWPJJZL)
Any missing details may render your submission to be invalid and ineligible for the entitlement.
- Results Submission via:
a. Instagram Message (@runforhopesg)
b. Facebook Message (https://www.facebook.com/RunForHopeSG/)
- You can complete the virtual run in a single run or in a combination of multiple runs accumulated during the qualifying period of 4 November to 31 December 2020.
- The cut-off for submission of run results is 31 December 2020, 2359 hours.
- Should the results be submitted after the stipulated upload cut-off date and time, they will be considered invalid. No appeal shall be entertained. Do plan your time accordingly.
- Awards will only be issued when you have completed the virtual run based on the category registered. The race pack will be mailed to the corresponding mailing address provided during registration upon completion of the race.
- The Organisers reserve the right to replace any entitlement with products of similar value without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
- As the event T-shirts have been pre-ordered, change in sizes after registration is strictly NOT allowed. Participants must adhere to the event T-shirt sizes that they have registered for.
Where the Event would be adversely affected by conditions beyond the Organisers’ reasonable control such as the outbreak of MERS, H1N1, COVID-19, etc. (based on MOH’s advisory), or haze (where the air quality pollutant standards index rises above the acceptable PM2.5 readings or based on NEA’s advisory), the Organisers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the virtual run without any prior notification. In any case, participants will still be entitled to their race pack, however, the registration fees are strictly non-refundable and non-transferrable.
SAFETY AND MEDICAL
- Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the virtual run.
- Participants are advised against the consumption of alcohol or stimulants or any kind of drugs within 24 hours before going for a run.
- The Organisers will not be liable for any injuries or accidents experienced during the course of the walk/run. Exercise vigilant when it comes to traffic, weather, or other conditions while taking part in our virtual run.
- By registering and participating in the Event, the Participant acknowledges the privacy statements below and consents to the collection, use, disclosures and/or processing of the Participant’s personal information as set out below.
- (i) The Organiser and/or third-party contractors on behalf of the Organiser will collect, use, disclose and/or process the Participant’s personal data or personal information (including information provided in the registration form) provided by the Participant, or from other sources. Such personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed by the Organiser and/or its third-party contractors for the purposes of processing and managing the Participant’s registration in the Event, generally for the administration, promotion and marketing of the Event.
(ii) The Organiser may disclose the Participant’s personal information to any third-parties involved in the Event, and to its suppliers and service providers, and agents, sited in or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above Purposes. In connection with the foregoing, the Participant’s personal information may be transferred out of Singapore to such third parties.
(iii) The Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by postal mail, electronic transmission to the Participant’s email address, and/or by phone call, text messages (SMS and MMS) and/or by fax.
- The Participant consents to the Organiser’s use and publication for the Purposes, without compensation or other payment to the Participant, of any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other records of the Event that may contain the Participant’s image, voice, or statement, and to the use and publication of the Participant’s name, race result, age in any form of media (including but not limited to the Official Website, the Organiser’s website, newspapers, and news media websites).
- If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration, participation in the Event, and/or refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
- If you have any enquiries regarding the terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.